Christopher Booth, MD
- Principal Investigator, CCE Division
- Level 2, Queen's Cancer Research Institute
- Kingston, Ontario
- K7L 3N6
- Telephone: 613-533-6000 extension 78558
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member, Division of Cancer Care and Epidemiology, Cancer Research Institute, Queen's University
- Medical Oncologist
- Clinician-Scientist, Cancer Centre of Southeastern Ontario
- Associate Professor, Departments of Oncology and Medicine, Queen's University
- Canada Research Chair in Population Cancer Care
Christopher Booth MD FRCPC is a Medical Oncologist and Health Services Researcher at Queen’s University in Kingston, Canada. He is an Associate Professor of Oncology and holds the Canada Research Chair in Population Cancer Care. Dr. Booth studied medicine at Queen’s University and did postgraduate training in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology at the University of Toronto. Upon completing his clinical training he spent two years as a research fellow with the NCIC Clinical Trials Group at Queen’s University Cancer Research Institute. In his clinical practice he provides care to patients with gastrointestinal and genitourinary cancers. Dr. Booth has an active program in population-based cancer research which is supported by operating grants from the Canadian Institutes of Health Research, Canadian Cancer Society, and Canada Foundation for Innovation. As a junior investigator he was awarded an inaugural Cancer Care Ontario Chair in Health Services Research. Dr. Booth has published over 100 peer-reviewed manuscripts. The focus of his research program is to evaluate the effectiveness of new therapies in the general population and the quality of care delivered to patients in routine clinical practice. In 2016 he spent a sabbatical as a visiting scientist at the Regional Cancer Centre in Trivandrum, India to develop a collaborative program in health services research.
Dr. Booth's publications are available on PubMed.
Last Modified: 2016-08-10