Christopher Booth, MD
- Principal Investigator, CCE Division
- Level 2, Queen's Cancer Research Institute
- Kingston, Ontario
- K7L 3N6
- Telephone: 613-533-6000 extension 78558 (research) 613 549-6666 ext 4501 (clinical)
- E-Mail: Christopher.Booth@kingstonhsc.ca
- Member, Division of Cancer Care and Epidemiology, Cancer Research Institute, Queen's University
- Medical Oncologist
- Clinician-Scientist, Cancer Centre of Southeastern Ontario
- Professor, Departments of Oncology and Medicine, Queen's University
- Canada Research Chair in Population Cancer Care
Christopher Booth MD FRCPC is a Medical Oncologist and Health Services Researcher at Queen’s University in Kingston, Canada. He is a Professor of Oncology and holds the Canada Research Chair in Population Cancer Care. Dr. Booth studied medicine at Queen’s University and did postgraduate training in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology at the University of Toronto. Upon completing his clinical training he spent two years as a research fellow with the NCIC Clinical Trials Group. In his clinical practice he provides care to patients with gastrointestinal and genitourinary cancers. Dr. Booth has an active program in population-based cancer research. The focus of his research program is to evaluate the quality of care delivered to patients in routine clinical practice and the effectiveness of new therapies in the general population. In 2016 Dr. Booth spent a sabbatical as a visiting scientist at the Regional Cancer Centre in Trivandrum, India. He continues to work closely with colleagues in India on various projects to improve accessibility and quality of cancer care. In 2017 Dr. Booth was appointed Special Advisor (Health Services Research) to the National Cancer Grid of India. As a junior investigator he was awarded an inaugural Cancer Care Ontario Chair in Health Services Research. Dr. Booth has published over 130 peer-reviewed manuscripts with first or senior author papers in Nature, JAMA, Lancet Oncology, and Journal of Clinical Oncology. He has served as research supervisor for >25 trainees.
Dr. Booth's publications are available on PubMed.
Last Modified: 2019-06-12