Yingwei Paul Peng, PhD
- Biostatistician, CCE Division
- Level 2, Queen's Cancer Research Institute
- Kingston, Ontario
- K7L 3N6
- Telephone: 613-533-6000 extension 78525
- E-Mail: email@example.com
Dr. Peng is a biostatistician and Professor in the Department of Public Health Sciences at Queen's University. Dr. Peng's methodology research has focused on: marginal and random effects models for survival data with a cured fraction; semi-parametric estimation methods and model selection for survival models, and statistical models for observational studies. Much of this research has involved Ph.D students, and collaborations with researchers at CCE, NCIC Clinical Trials Group, University of South Carolina, University of Michigan, and NCI, and is applicable in both clinical trials and observational studies.
- Statistical models for survival data with a cure fraction
- Statistical methods for causality analysis in observational studies
- Novel statistical methods for analyzing data from case-cohort studies, life expectancy calculations
- Use of statistical methods in assessing adoption of adjuvant chemotherapy for non-small cell lung cancer and bladder cancer in Ontario.
- Cure models
- Multivariate survival models
- Clinical and population studies of cancer treatments
- Statistical computing and Bayesian methods
- Statistical consulting
High Quality Student and Personnel Training
Dr. Peng has continual interest in recruiting talented and dedicated students or graduates to work with him in biostatistics or related areas, either as graduate students or as research/post-doc fellows. If you are interested in this, you are welcome to contact him by any means.
Dr. Peng's publications are available on PubMed.
Last Modified: 2015-05-29